Friday, July 16, 2010

grove recipe test number one.



Yeah. Expect to eat this if you stop by the Shoals Grove tent this football season. Heck, expect to eat this the next time you invite me over for a dinner party or come to eat at my house. I'm obsessed.

I found this recipe for Orzo with Tomatoes, Feta and Dill on Epicurious.com (click here for the full recipe) and decided to give it a spin for dinner tonight. So simple and easy! Only eight ingredients, including three you probably already have in your kitchen (olive oil, salt and pepper). Throw in a little lemon zest in addition to the title ingredients and those above, and voila...perfect hot weather pasta. I threw in some black olives just for a little something extra, but I don't think they were necessarily needed.

Now...suggestions on a good entree to go along with this?

2 comments:

Lisa Blair said...

This looks yummy. I would add some roasted shrimp, and ta-da! It is an entree!

Casey said...

Do you like fish? I would get a fresh tilapia filet, put it in tin foil with olive oil and whatever seasonings you like, and bake on 350 for 30 mins. YUM!