Thursday, July 1, 2010

a little less humidity.

Today I am thankful for...

The LAST day of the LAST freshman orientation until August. I desperately need some catching up and getting ahead time before Fall classes start!

Freshly pedicured toesies, even if my strict budget means I have to do it myself. I feel so much cleaner with a pedicure, and bright summer coral makes me happy.

A little less suffocating humidity...it was bordering on COOL outside when I took Charlie out this morning, and made for a great start to the day.

The prospect of a long weekend around the corner...and even better, a Fourth of July weekend. In my neck of the woods, the Fourth is just as big as Christmas. It usually involves chicken stew (weird, I know, but it's a Shoals area tradition), a pool, boats and wave runners on Wilson Lake and Shoals Creek, and a big huge fireworks show accompanied by a medley of cheesy American favorites (hellloooo, Lee Greenwood) on the water.

Pulling up to my place after work to find Charlie smiling at me from the patio door.

No comments: