Friday, July 2, 2010

Flo Town Bound.

Good things today include:

A nice long sunny drive. Good music, good scenery (mostly) and time to THINK. Plus, there's something about crossing the Tennessee River into Florence that just makes me feel all warm and rosy about my hometown...dusky pinkish purplish light reflecting off the bluffs, last bits of sun shimmering on the water, city lights sparkling on the other side of the bridge...simply a great start to the holiday weekend.

Treating myself to a thoroughly unhealthy breakfast from Bottletree Bakery on my way to work. Probably not the BEST idea going into a weekend requiring swimsuit wear each day, but daaaaaarn was that honey cream cheese danish good...

The opportunity to catch UP a little at work. So satisfying to actually get up to date on a few things and not leave for the weekend knowing there's a teetering pile of work waiting on me come Tuesday.

A sliced tomato with salt and pepper from my Grampa's garden. Ahhh, summer.

Arriving at my parents' fabulous, beautiful and comfortable home with a couple of fun days ahead of me. It's always good to be home with family.

No comments: