Monday, July 6, 2009

my new favorite spot on campus.

Today my friend Tayla asked if I wanted to try out the new Einstein Bros. Bagels in Anderson Hall. I'm a food and coffee junkie, so I readily agreed. I really didn't know what to expect, since I've never been to an Einstein Bros. before. I did know that I often find myself at work hungry at mid-morning and desperately needing something filling and savory. The Java City coffee shop in the Library is great, but as far as morning fare goes, you're pretty much limited to muffins, a few stray pastries, and the occasional dry plain bagel. When I've reached that stomach rumbling, not-going-to-get-through-this-meeting-without-a-fix, can't focus for lack of sustenance state....a smallish slightly stale danish just isn't going to cut it. So obviously I had a wealth of hopeful expectations as I headed down the sidewalk with Tayla.

I was definitely not disappointed. As a matter of fact, I'm now a little dismayed by how close this cute little shop is to my office...because upon entering I found a pleasant little spot tucked away in the Engineering building and STOCKED with every savory and sweet treat imagineable for a hungry girl in search of a hearty breakfast. Even super fresh looking large fruit cups and yogurt parfaits! Nice healthy option....but instead I went with an Asiago bagel with garden veggie cream cheese. And it was totally worth the calorie splurge. I also love the variety of coffee drinks, and especially the self serve coffee station. I will definitely be back in the near future to try a wrap or salad for lunch....

So if you're a regular on campus....you should most definitely head on over.

1 comment:

BooRay said...

That was a mighty tasty bagel.