Thursday, June 24, 2010

today's gratitude.

Today I am grateful for:

Company coming into town for the weekend.

A front desk shift that was light years more positive and less stressful than any I've had in weeks. Thank goodness for the students who are thankful, compassionate, responsible, gracious, and have a sense of humor! This afternoon I dealt with students of every age, gender, and race, and every one of them behaved in a manner that makes me proud to serve my alma mater and her students.

Lightning bugs and cicadas at dusk. Mmmm, the South at dusk in the summer...I'm not sure if there's anything more magical.

Local hardware stores, particularly Sneed's in Oxford. How is it even possible that a key copying trip during a lunch break could be a pleasant experience? Sneed's somehow manages it.

My pup's head resting against the side of my leg.

No comments: