Wednesday, June 23, 2010

today's gratitude.

Today I am grateful for:

The 50% off sale at Nielsen's that provided me with super chic (and super cheap!) dinner napkins in the exact same print as a shower curtain I previously lusted after. Nothing like a little indulgent treat to perk you up...especially when the treat is also a bargain!

Actually getting up in time to shower before work. I'm aware that this should be an everyday thing, but I usually resort to showering before bed with the assumption that there's just no way I'll get up in time to do it. I'm not knocking showering before bed, but there's just something about starting off the morning fresh and clean that is a huge positive attitude booster.

The delicious smell of a roast cooking away in my Crock Pot. This is my first time cooking a roast, and since it's still cooking I can't yet claim it also TASTES delicious...but the smell certainly seems to be a good sign...

lonnymag.com. Domino used to be my best source for beautiful home decorating daydreams and ideas (and Domino, oooooh how I miss you), but thank GOODNESS Lonny Mag has taken up the torch online.

Two days in a row wearing my contacts! Again, not such a big feat unless you know the whole story...I've been having stressful eye issues for months now. My eye doctor finally diagnosed me with Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis. Lovely, right? It sounds a lot worse than it really is...possibly. Essentially it means i'm allergic to something in Accuvue Oasis contacts which causes bumps to develop on the inside of my eyelids. Pleasant. She also noted that I have chronic dry eye AND grass allergies. From a practical standpoint, all of that means I've been stuck in old prescription eyeglasses for weeks now. I know it's cliched, but...I really honestly don't feel as attractive in glasses. For starters, I have to go without sunglasses. And if you know me, you know that I practically feel naked without a pair of big sunglasses. Besides, squinting in bright sunlight just isn't all that sexy. I also don't feel like I have as much energy, spunk, attitude. ANYWAY, the thing to be grateful for is that it would seem that things are finally getting back under control, since this is the first time I've managed to wear contacts two days in a row without my eyes flaming up in protest. Yay me.

1 comment:

CAM said...

I am wearing one of my great Neilson's summer sale skirts today... from like a million years ago!!! haha