Thursday, June 19, 2008

Guilty Pleasure Television Shows...

In honor of the beginning of the third season of So You Think You Can Dance, the following is a listing of my personal guilty pleasure TV shows. Are there any that might constitute legitimate, OK-to-admit-that-I-love programs? Let me know.

1. Gossip Girl. I once told a friend that I only watch this show for the clothes and the accessories. And that is...mostly true. Maybe.

2. The Hills. Same as above. Except that, in all honesty, the clothes and accessories usually aren't that great. And, as with most people (I hope) Spencer and Heidi make me break out in hives. I try not to think about the fact that I'm 28 and am entertained by rich spoiled idiot brats whose dialogue is about as fresh and witty as your average telemarketer phone call. OK, the more I write, the more I wonder why exactly I watch this show period...and yes, I am perfectly aware that it isn't REALLY a reality show.

3. What Not To Wear. This one I think at least BORDERS on being legit. Some people have told me they find Stacy and Clinton to be mean, but (perhaps indicating that I am mean as well) I think they're hilarious. Come on, they just say what we're all thinking anyway. I've also been told that they try to turn everyone into the same preppy hip mommy, but in the past couple of seasons I've noticed that the end results have become much more varied depending on personality, lifestyle, etc.

4. So You Think You Can Dance. Come on, people. This show is GREAT. Better than stupid Dancing With The Stars, which features a cheesy band covering J Lo songs and lower grade celebrities who can't really dance and have no business doing so.

So have I lost your respect now?

No comments: