Saturday, June 13, 2009

too many good things.


Oxford continues to draw in absolutely fantastic opportunities for entertainment. And I LOVE David Sedaris. Of course I do. So why am I not just blathering on about how GREAT it will be to see him live? Because there's another thing that I really, really, truly love. And that's Ole Miss Football. Which poses a problem, since October 10th in Oxford, Mississippi will not just revolve around an Evening with David Sedaris, but also around the Ole Miss-Alabama football game. Which is, as of yet, to be announced time-wise. In a perfect world, the game will be at one p.m., followed by dinner and a couple of (celebratory, I desperately hope) drinks in the Grove, and then a nice stroll down to the Ford Center for a a belly full of laughs. In reality...well, some people are going to have a tough decision to make. And something tells me (I'm so sorry, David) that if that's the case...I'll be hawking two David Sedaris tickets. Hey, we all have our priorities.

No comments: