Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dear Santa...Part One.

I've been thinking about Christmas gifts...about past gifts given that were raging successes, about the perfect thing for Mom, Dad, boyfriend, family, friends and beyond, and maaaaybe a little about a few things I'm drooling over for myself. I thought I'd share a mix of them...

1. WoodWick Candles. When you're stranded in a bland little musty apartment in the winter sans fireplace, these babies are perfect. The scents are nice, but the flat wooden wick that creates that familiar crackling, popping fireplace noise is genius. Dim the lights, grab a good book and a blanket, and let one of these create some perfect substitute cold-night-in ambience.

2. The University of Mississippi: A Pictorial History. I flipped through a few pages while on a coffee run at the campus bookstore the other day and was pretty pleased with what I saw. This new book is a hodge podge of photographs and other memorabilia from throughout the years, and would make the perfect coffee table volume for idle flipping/declaration of school spirit.

3. Victoria's Secret Flannel Pajamas. At six feet tall, I have a pretty darned hard time finding comfy pajama pants that will cover my ankles AND make me look cute. I have to admit that this pair from Victoria's Secret is my go-to, and this season the array of prints is thankfully a little more grown-up and chic. Plus, around the holidays you can usually get a matching pair of slippers tossed in for free.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Lisa Blair said...

I tagged you in my blog. Visit and see.

I hadn't heard of that Ole Miss book. Sounds like a good Christmas gift for some of my family members.