Saturday, September 13, 2008

your attention please...

I have a new job! Monday will be my first day as a financial aid advisor at Ole Miss. I'm beyond thrilled to be moving back to Oxford...funny how a town I'd only visited a couple of times before I turned 18 has so completely made itself my hometown. It's certainly not as if I haven't made frequent visits in the past two years, but there are still so many things I look forward to having nearby...burgers from Handy Andy, quiet time on the balcony at Square Books, Thacker Mountain Radio, lazy browsing at the Mustard Seed...

Now if I can just find a roof to cover mine and Charlie's heads...could there BE a worse time to be house/apartment hunting in a college town? I'm having a hell of a time. It doesn't help that I'm a lightish sleeper and don't do well with next door keggers on work nights. Yeah. My 18-year-old self would be staring at me with baffled disapproval right now.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congratulations, Katie! Will you be using your law degree with the new job? I know you'll be so happy to be back in Oxford...and just think, if this job doesn't work out, there's always Rutherford Calder ;)

Lisa Blair said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you and hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job and the move back to Oxford.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie! I stumbled into your blog via "A Shower Fresh Garden." Congrats on the job and coming back to Oxford. I'm working in HR at Ole Miss, so come say hey sometime. Good luck house-hunting...it is no easy task!